Fruth Pharmacy Celebrates Heart Healthy Month with Free Screenings
Point Pleasant, W.Va. (February 15, 2015) – February is Heart Healthy Month and Fruth Pharmacy will be celebrating corporate wide with free blood pressure screenings.
On Saturday, February 21, all 26 Fruth Pharmacy locations will be offering blood pressure screenings from 10 am – 2 pm. Waverly & Ironton locations will be offering blood pressure screenings on both Friday, February 20th and Saturday, February 21st from 10 am – 2 pm. Select stores will also have free blood glucose screenings. Nursing, pharmacy students, and other pharmacy professionals will be in the stores this day to answer questions regarding heart health. Free product samples will be available and customers participating in health screenings may be eligible to enter a contest held in-store.
Small changes can make a big impact on heart health. Fruth Pharmacy would like to remind patients concerned with heart health to set small goals to increase their success in maintaining healthy heart choices. Some easy heart healthy tips:
- Get up and move around. Walking around for a few minutes every hour can help your heart health.
- Cut 100 calories per day. Cutting 100 calories a day can add up to 10 pounds lost in a year.
- Breathe deeply. Slow, deep breathing can lower blood pressure, help with relaxation, and relieve stress.
- Eat 1 fruit and 1 vegetable every day. Replacing one snack or a starchy food with a fruit or vegetable will help your heart.
- Include whole grains. Whole grains can reduce LDL, the bad cholesterol. They keep you feeling full longer and are packed with vitamins missing from processed grains.
- Lose 10 pounds. You can lower your blood pressure and reduce cardiovascular risks by losing just 10 pounds. Set a smaller goal of losing 10 pounds so as not to get discouraged. Small changes can make a big difference.
If you need more information regarding heart health, please contact your local Fruth Pharmacy. You can view all 26 store locations and store hours at www.fruthpharmacy.com
Fruth Pharmacy is a family owned company with 26 locations in Ohio and West Virginia. For over 60 years, we have been proud to be “Your Hometown, Family Pharmacy”.